Today I am going to talk about juicing and cleansing your body. It is very good to do a cleanse every several months or at least once per year and to be juicing vegetables on a regular basis. I am a huge fan of juicing because it can lead to great health benefits, including boosting energy, promoting detoxification of heavy metals, environmental pollutants, and bad bacteria. Juicing also promotes healing in the body and allows the digestive tract a chance to rest. In this video I walk you through the benefits of cleansing and detoxing your body by juicing.
Types of Juicers:
-A lot of people have asked what brand of juicer I recommend, and really I think you get what you pay for. You can expect to pay around $200 for a good juicer, and obviously you can spend a lot more than that, too.
-The juicer I use is a Breville, and it’s worked great for me and comes in just under $200 at Amazon: http://amzn.to/Kg9J0g
Vegetables to Juice:
-All vegetables are great for juicing. Here are my top favorite, nutrient-dense vegetables for juicing:
1. Carrots: packed with the antioxidant beta-carotene, very good for eye and skin health
2. Cucumbers: very high in silica, a nutrient that is very good for skin and eye health
3. Celery: hydrating, packed with electrolytes and organically-bound sodium
4. Bell Peppers: packed with antioxidants that are very good for skin, hair, nails, eyes. Colored bell peppers are best
5. Fruit: very high sugar content, limit fruits in juice, unless active
6. Lemon: low in sugar, packed with Vitamin C
7. Green Apples: gives juice sweetness, contains vitamins and minerals
8. Green Leafy Vegetables: packed with Vitamin K, Calcium, Magnesium. Kale is king!
-I usually juice about 3-4 times per week to promote health, boost energy, and cleanse the body!
-The best way to cleanse and heal the body is by doing a juice fast for 1-14 days.
-Juice for health to lose weight, cleanse and detox the body, and get in the best shape of your life!
To learn more about the health benefits of juicing, visit: https://draxe.com/juice-cleanse/
*This content is strictly the opinion of Dr. Josh Axe, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Axe nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.